The Westfield Corporation plans to make its malls into destinations locations for lifestyle entertainment, music, restaurants, movies, all-around family fun and retail. In competition with the internet shopping malls have to be innovative and creative. Music Cube is a unique and original take on a live music event that, to our knowledge, has never been done before to this level. Video Clip click on the g+ at the bottom of the screen
• The Music Cube is a soundproof structure within which bands will be able to play. • With large glazing panels to all faces and a glazed roof, the performer will be on show from all angles and thus create the excitement of a live gig but without the noise. • Westfield collaborated to book some artists by the Innovative Events and brand Partnerships company Al Douglas. Al Douglas also strategically negotiated in brand partnerships opportunities for the Cube when it was not in use for live performances.
• Audio Partner Sennheiser to provide and ensure the kit we have is the best available • 400 customers can apply online to receive a free ticket to become part of an exclusive audience. • The rest of the shopping mall and also the world can listen and or watch the live stream via their phones or tablets. Artists and bands from both major and independent labels, and KISS FM UK DJs, performed in a custom-built soundproof glass cube, complete with LED surround, and fans will be tuned in through Sennheiser Momentum headphones where members of the public could tune in to the free live performances via wireless Sennheiser headphones, and the Cube was equipped with a vibrating floor system, enabling them to experience the bass.
• Marketing collateral include the Shopping Centre i.e. door decals, lift lobby’s and malls, digital escalator panels on the London Underground, digital screens in the shopping Centre.
• The Cube was a phenomenal success at Westfield Stratford City in the summer, Shepherds Bush in Autumn/ Winter. The event festivities was jam-packed with live acts.
• The line-up for both events included Grammy Award winner Foxes, former ‘X-Factor’ star Rebecca Ferguson, Dionne Bromfield, Stooshe, Oritse, Corey Fox-Fardell, Conor Maynard, Wretch 32 and Saint Raymond.